Every Friday, The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up some of the week's big food stories.
• New Jersey court rules that a restaurant can be sued for serving meat to vegetarians. [NJ]
• McDonald’s announces plans to build their largest location ever in London for the 2012 Olympics. [Guardian]
• The Cheesecake Factory takes top honors in The Center for Science in the Public Interest's 2011 Xtreme Eating Awards. [Consumerist]
• A new study reports that Europeans are genetically predisposed to crave more alcohol and fatty foods. [HuffPo]
Shame of the Week
• Milk Burger debuts a signature burger resembling that of Shake Shack and then proceeds to remove an actual photo of the ShackBurger that appeared on their website this week after Serious Eats reported it. [GS]
• Guy Fieri makes a visit to Hogwarts for a lesson in crafting potions with Snape. [College Humor]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.