The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up the week's big food stories.
• A new eco-label will allow UK diners to enjoy endangered eel by the end of the year. [Guardian]
• Scientists believe they have discovered a 'Fat Gene' that affects cholesterol and diabetes. [Time]
• The rise of "Dude-itors" on the Manhattan media scene. [WWD]
• An all grown-up Soleil Moon Frye of Punky Brewster will host an online cooking show for moms. [NY Daily News]
• Morimoto will host a fundraiser on June 7th to benefit Japanese disaster relief. [GS]
• London Eye pop-up restaurant will be part of the London Restaurant Festival this fall. [Big Hospitality]
• The new Preakness mascot, Kegasus, angers Maryland officials. [GS]
Shame of the Week
• A woman is being charged with a third degree felony after attempting to trade a salad in exchange for drugs. [KSL]
• A Wisconsin man consumed his 25,000 Big Mac. [YouTube]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.