The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up the week's big food stories.
• Sam Mason is opening a mayonnaise shop, with more than 40 flavors like coffee, smoked paprika, foie gras, and mushroom. [Grub Street]
• Michael Jordan attended the opening of Michael Jordan's Steak House in Chicago. It was his third visit since its opening in August. [Chicago Trib]
• ShopHouse’s curry is made with fish stock, and vegetarian customers aren’t getting the warning. [Washington Post]
• Burger King is relaunching its desserts menu, adding premium sundaes and shakes. We do love ice cream, but please tell us the Hershey’s Sundae Pie is still there. [HuffPo]
Shame of the Week
• A 5-year-old girl found a hidden camera recording in a Starbucks restroom. Even worse, this isn’t the first time this has happened at a Starbucks. [Reuters]
• A retired man grows the world’s biggest onion, at 17 pounds, 15.5 ounces. [Daily Mail]
• PETA plans to create a porn site to promote vegetarianism. Um, right. [AP]
• Watch a trailer for the new Thomas Keller documentary. [KCET]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.