Weekly Media Mix: The MacBook Air Knife; Spermbar Heading to NYC; and a Man Claims He's "Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs"
The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up the week's big food stories.
• Weight Watchers is twice as effective as doctors' recommendations, according to researchers. [LA Times]
• Jennifer Garner stars in Butter as an ambitious butter carver in Iowa, out October. [HuffPo]
• Smashburger plans to open restaurants in Kuwait, Bahrain, and Saudi Arabia starting next year. [BusinessWeek]
Shame of the Week
• A shirtless man with a samurai sword declared he was "Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs" after being arrested on an Indiana highway. [Chicago Tribune]
• Spermbar arrives in New York City on Sept. 17, mixing virgin cocktails based on donors' physical looks and customers' preferences. [Grub Street]
• The blogosphere had harsh words for ConAgra, who secretly served them frozen Marie Callender's meals at an "exclusive underground restaurant" for a marketing gimmick. [NYT]
• See somebody use a MacBook Air to cut an apple, plus other videos of the laptop deveining shrimp and chopping cabbage and mushrooms. [YouTube]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.