The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up the week's big food stories.
• 7-Eleven debuts hot dog flavored potato chips. [Gothamist]
• Mark Wahlberg and his brothers will join the ranks of celebrities who own restaurants. The brothers announced they plan to open a burger restaurant called Walhburger in Hingham, Mass. [HuffPo]
Beef of the Week
• Anthony Bourdain and Paula Deen got into a war of words. [HuffPo]
• Make hot dogs look like people with the Happy Hot Dog Man. [HuffPo]
Shame of the Week
• An Alaskan mother was convicted of child abuse for punishing her child by forcing him to drink hot sauce. [USAT]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.