Wedding Cake of the Day: Cupcake Wedding Towers
With cupcakes growing in popularity over the past few years due to cost and convenience, many people have been substituting cupcakes for cakes (as the main dessert and centerpiece) at large functions like weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries. Using cupcakes as an alternative to the traditional large wedding cake, a tiered cupcake wedding cake is not only original and trendy, but also great for your budget. Cupcake wedding cakes are doable for even the most average baker, with the added benefit that cupcakes can be made and frozen ahead of time, as well as dressed up or down. Because you are not limited to overpriced costly designer made cakes, the cupcake wedding cake is a sensible and creative choice as you are able to make them yourself and avoid expensive cake cutting and serving fees in the process.
The big argument over cupcakes vs. wedding cakes is that alternately versus a cheaper cost and tradition. If you are concerned about the “cake-cutting” tradition, have the top tier of your cupcake cake be a small fondant cake (as pictured above).
Overall it seems if you’re stuck between cupcakes and cakes, there's just a bit more punch to a cupcake cake.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time