To read more about Lisa Books-Williams and her holistic teachings, visit her website.
- 2 packages vegetable beef chunks
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large onions, cut into thin slices
- Half 8-ounce container vegan cream cheese
- 1 Cup vegan sour cream
- 6 Ounces tofu, drained
- 2/3 Cups unsweetened soymilk
- 1/2 Cup Madeira wine
- 1 Cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the vegetable beef chunks on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Put the tofu, soy milk, whole garlic cloves, cream cheese, and sour cream into blender and blend till smooth. Set aside.
Heat some vegetable broth in a skillet and sauté the sliced onions for 5 minutes until soft. Then add the wine, mushrooms, and minced garlic and sauté for 4 minutes with lid on.
Add the cream sauce mixture and browned vegetable beef chunks and simmer on low for 20 minutes with lid on pan, stirring occasionally.