- Three 3-ounce veal scaloppini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Cup white wine
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Teaspoon capers
- 1 Teaspoon chopped parsley
- 3 pieces thinly sliced lemon or lemon zest, for garnish
Season the veal with salt and pepper, to taste. Lightly dredge in flour and shake off the excess. Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat until hot, add the oil, and sear the veal for 1 minute and repeat on the other side. Remove the veal from the pan and let rest.
Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan. Simmer until the mix is reduced by half the original amount. Slowly whisk the butter into the mixture along with the capers and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the veal back to the pan and warm though.
Place the veal on plates and spoon the sauce on and around the dish. Garnish with the lemon slices or zest and serve.