- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon California Olive Ranch® Olive Oil
- 29 Ounces chicken broth
- 1 Cup water
- 3/4 Teaspoons salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 15 Ounces white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 Cups uncooked small spiral pasta
- 3 Cups thinly sliced fresh escarole or spinach
- 2 Cups shredded cooked chicken
In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrot in oil until onion is tender.
Add the broth, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in beans and pasta; return to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add escarole and chicken; heat through.