Tuscan Bread Salad (Panzanella)
This is the perfect summer salad. You can add any fresh vegetable to this salad and it goes great with any Italian recipe.
Click here to see more recipes on Cindy's Table.
- 1 loaf of day-old Italian bread, cubed
- 4 anchovy fillets, cut into large pieces
- 8 large cherry tomatoes
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon capers, drained
- Handful of basil, chopped
- 1/4 Cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the bread, anchovies, cherry tomatoes, celery, bell peppers, cucumber, red onion, 2 teaspoons of garlic, capers, and basil in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the other 2 teaspoons of garlic, red-wine veingar, and extra-virgin olive oil. Pour over the salad 10 minutes before serving.