Who doesn't love meatballs? Why not change it up a bit and serve turkey meatball and mozzarella kabobs with tomato sauce for dipping? Serve a side of carrots for crunch, color, and of course, nutrition.
See all turkey recipes.
- 1 Pound ground white turkey, preferably organic
- 1/4 Cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 -1/2 slice whole-wheat bread
- 1 egg, preferably organic
- 1/4 Cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
- No-sugar added tomato sauce, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the turkey, onion, bread, egg, red pepper, and oregano. Form the mixture into small balls and place on a baking sheet. (The smaller the meatball, the faster it will finish baking.) Cook for about 30 minutes. When cool, add to kebab sticks, alternating 2 meatballs per skewer with 1 cube of mozzarella. Serve with tomato sauce.