- 3/4 Pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 Teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 4 small leaves Boston lettuce
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
Heat the broiler to high. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, zucchini, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and egg. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties, turning once, until no trace of pink remains, about 4-5 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, place the bread on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining oil. Broil until golden brown and crisp, about 1½ minutes. Transfer the bread to individual plates. Top with lettuce leaves and burgers. If using, combine mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl, and serve with the burgers.