Barbados Food & Rum Festival and 50th Independence Anniversary
Barbados Food & Rum Festival
Are you ready to live la dolce vita? A taste of the “sweet life” is what you will be getting at this year’s revamped Barbados Food & Rum Festival featuring Jean-Georges Vongerichten as the celebrity chef. In addition to world class cuisine and rum, the festival is coinciding with the 50th anniversary of Barbados independence, making for one massive golden jubilee celebration starting on November 17th, ending on November 20th.
Barbados is one of the most unique Caribbean islands, with a distinct and rich English and African culture. The customs, culture and traditions are as colorful as the personalities, all focused on embracing life and happiness. Barbados is the also the birthplace of RUM! This year’s festival will showcase a vibrant growing culinary scene and the island’s dedication to living the la dolce vita.
- Day 1- The kick-off, located at Oistins Bay Garden, will feature a cook-off of epic proportions set to the backdrop of music, dancing and moonlight.
- Day 2- Visit the Concorde Museum for live demonstrations the famous Barbados export: RUM. Award winning local chefs will prepare food pairings.
- Day 3- Experience a polo match along with rum cocktails and amuse bouche followed by and an evening with Jean-Georges cooking at the posh The Cliff Beach Club and Chef Harding doing a demo at another swanky location.
- Day 4- Barbados’ ministers of tourism and agriculture will have a beach cook-off before your fond farewell.
This is a one-of-a-kind way to immerse yourself in Barbadian culture and cuisine. Accommodations from villas to B&B’s and five-star hotels are available, one of the only Zagat rated Caribbean islands. Plan a day or two on the front or back end of your trip to experience the impeccable beaches and landscapes of Barbados. After all, it has been voted one of the top destinations in the world by Trip Advisor travelers.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them