Every day, The Daily Meal scours the web for stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Celebrate Jakarta's 485th anniversary with colorful festivals and homemade dishes, like Soto Mie. [Adventurelicious]
• One of Spain's best vegetarian offerings, zanahorías aliñadas, or marinated carrots, makes for an easy tapa. [Spanish Sabores]
• Make this easy dessert at home: a Revani cake, also known as a Greek sponge cake, is sweetened with an orange and cinnamon sugar syrup. [Souvlaki for the Soul]
• Head to a gelato aperitivo (ice cream happy hour) in Rome, for the best of gelato and wine. [Parla Food]
• A tonkotsu ramen joint in Singapore makes its noodles from "the essence of the pig," but is certainly a spicy meal. [Pig Pig's Corner]