- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup Sneaky Chef White Purée*
- 6 Tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1/2 Cup grated, low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 hot dogs, cut in half lengthwise, and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup whole-grain flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners. Spray liners lightly with cooking spray oil.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined, then whisk in the melted butter, White Purée, milk, cheese, and hot dog pieces.
In another mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, the flours, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until flour is just moistened (don’t overmix or the muffins will be dense).
Scoop the batter into muffin tins, filling just to the top. Bake for 22-24 minutes, until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.