- 2 slices bacon, halved
- 1/4 Cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped basil, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 ears shucked corn
- Cooking spray, as needed
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 8 slices total
- 2 globe tomatoes, cut into 8 slices total
- 1/8 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 Teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat grill to high heat.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon to and cook, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes.
Drain the bacon on paper towels. Combine the buttermilk and next 5 ingredients (through garlic), stirring with a whisk. Stir in ¼ teaspoon pepper.
Coat the corn with cooking spray. Place the corn on grill rack and cook, turning occasionally, until well marked, about 8 minutes. Remove from grill and cool slightly. Cut the corn kernels from cobs.
Sprinkle the tomato slices evenly with salt. Alternate layers of tomato and avocado on each of 4 plates. Scatter the corn evenly onto the plates. Drizzle each tomato stack with about 1½ tablespoons of dressing and 1 teaspoon of oil. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of black pepper over the salads and top each salad with 1 bacon piece and basil leaves.