Tomato and Watermelon Salad
Nothing spells summer to us like heirloom tomatoes, and this salad recipe tosses them with juicy watermelon and tart goat cheese. Not only is it a delicacy for your taste buds, but it’s stunning in presentation as well.
- 1 Pound red watermelon, rind removed and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 Pound yellow watermelon, rind removed and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons small, whole basil leaves
- 4 Ounces mild goat cheese
- 1/4 Cup chopped, unsalted cashews
Divide the watermelon pieces and tomatoes among salad plates. Drizzle each plate with olive oil and vinegar. Season with the salt and pepper. Top with the basil, goat cheese, and cashews before serving.