These were a thick and chewy version and to obtain that you need to cut the butter amount in half.
These were good and very kid friendly, thick and delicious, strong enough to hold together in children’s lunches and small enough that you don’t feel too guilty sending them to school for a treat. Original Recipe by The Kitchen Magpie: Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Kick the tires and light the fires to 350 degrees.
- Cream together your butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing thoroughly. Beat in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- When that is done, fold in the two cups of chocolate chips by hand, and prepare to put them on some parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto the baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and slightly underdone. Cool on the sheets completely.