Texas Style Chili
Serve this classic chili dish at your next party. It has an extra layer of flavor with that mustard and barbecue sauce.
For more recipes, visit bushbeans.com.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- One 16-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Two 16-ounce cans chili beans
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon brown mustard
- 1/2 Cup sweet or honey barbecue sauce
Heat oil in large skillet. Using spatula, add beef and brown over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes or until aromatic.
Add chili powder, beans, and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
Add mustard and barbecue sauce. Let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and serve.