Tangerine and Jicama Slaw
Aarón Sanchez's slaw recipe marries the sweet and spicy and provides the perfect accompaniment to your next Mexican dish.
- 6 large tangerines
- 1 jicama, sliced into 2-inch matchsticks
- 2 Cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup mango purée
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup pork rinds, crumbled
- 1/2 Cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Peel the tangerines and slice them across into ¼ inch rounds.
Place them in a large bowl and add the jicama matchsticks, sliced cabbage, and red onion and toss it all together. Whisk the mango purée, lime juice, olive oil, kosher salt, and several generous grinds of black pepper in a small bowl.
Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss to combine. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.