Tailgate Cinnamon Turkey Chili
This is lighter and sweeter than your average chili and is perfect for the early fall months!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Pound lean ground turkey
- 1 finely diced onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- One 15.5-ounce can white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- One 14.5-ounce can of Del Monte diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chiles, diced
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 2 Teaspoons white ground pepper
- Pinch of light brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
Coat the bottom of a pot with the olive oil. Sauté onions and garlic cloves until slightly tender. Brown ground turkey at medium heat. Add beans,chicken broth, and tomatoes to the pot. Add cinnamon, basil, cumin, white ground pepper, light brown sugar, grated Parmesan cheese and chili powder. Stir ingredients slowly until all are well-mixed. Lower the heat from medium to low, and simmer with lid on top for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Once the chili is slightly bubbling, serve immediately, and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on each serving.