Sweet Corn and Black Bean Salad
Simple to prepare, colorful, and flavorful, this salad combines fresh sweet corn, tender black beans, crisp red peppers, and zesty cilantro in a simple rice vinegar dressing.
- 2 Cups fresh or frozen and thawed corn kernels
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Cups no-salt-added cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1/3 Cup cilantro leaves, chopped finely
Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil. Add the corn and cook for 1 minute, then drain well, rinse in cold water and drain again. (If using frozen corn, skip this step.) Meanwhile, rinse the onion in cold water to remove some of the sharp, acidic flavor. Drain well and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper to make a dressing. Add the beans, corn, onion, and bell pepper and toss until just incorporated. Cover and chill for about 2 hours. Add the cilantro and toss again before serving.