Summer Fruit with Wine and Mint
Take advantage of what's in season with this refreshing (and boozy!) summer dessert. Vanilla Bean Cane Sugar adds a warm flavor note to counter the bright mint.
*Available from s.a.l.t. sisters
- 1 1/4 Cup dry white wine
- 1/3 Cup Vanilla Bean Cane Sugar*
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 ripe cantaloupe, halved, seeded, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 8 Ounces strawberries, quartered
- 1 Cup seedless green grapes, halved lengthwise
Bring the wine, sugar, and mint leaves to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Strain mint leaves out of the mixture.
Combine the cantalope, strawberries, and grapes in a large bowl. Pour the warm wine mixture over and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until cold, stirring occasionally, at least 2 hours.
Garnish with chopped mint leaves.