Showing that the traditional Key lime pie can in fact be mixed up in many different delicious ways, Kermit adds strawberry purée into the filling of this amazingly beautiful Strawberry Key Lime Pie. Sounds to us like a strawberry margarita in a pie shell... SOLD.
This recipe makes a 9-inch pie.
Serve chilled strawberry Key lime pie with fresh strawberry sauce and whipped cream. Enjoy.
- 9 -inch graham cracker pie crust
- Two 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 -cup Kermit’s Key Lime Juice
- 1/2 -cup strawberries blended with 1/8-cup sugar
- 4 drops red food coloring
Blend milk and egg yolks at slow speed until smooth. Add Key lime juice and finish blending. Add strawberries and food coloring and mix until just blended. Pour into piecrust.
Bake in preheated 300-degree oven for 15 minutes. Cool pie 20 minutes before refrigerating.