The great thing about making a large pan of ratatouille is that you can use some of it the following week, perhaps served with couscous, folded through pasta, or in sandwiches with some goat cheese.
- 1 eggplant, sliced into wedges
- 1 zucchini, sliced into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, sliced into wedges
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, sliced into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 14 ounces canned chopped tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Bunch of fresh basil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Put the vegetables, garlic, and tomatoes in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper, add some olive oil and mix well.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the fresh basil leaves just before serving.