A Spooky Halloween Table Idea
This Halloween, we’re inspired by the film Sleepy Hollow (the Johnny Depp version, of course). We're sticking with our favorite natural elements, like pumpkins, gourds, and burlap, when setting the table for a Halloween dinner. To add a bit of creepy glamour, spray paint pumpkins and gourds with gold and shiny black spray-paint, then add some plastic spiders to up the scary factor.
Here's what you'll need. When you have the supplies assembled, click here for the step-by-step instructions.
• Mini pumpkins in orange and white colors. You'll need about five for a table for four, and one for each place, if you wish.
• One medium-sized pumpkin.
• Painter's tape (for covering the pumpkin stems).
• Burlap (available at Michael's or other craft stores).
• Votive candles. Use what you have at home.
• Black satin ribbon, about as tall as the votives.
• Candles and candlesticks. Whatever you have at home is fine. Try black candles for fun.
• White dishware and napkins for the place settings. Use your regular silverware, and wine and water glasses.
Sarah and Lydia have been helping clients with entertaining needs both big and small, turning inspirational ideas into real experiences that friends and family will always treasure. For more tips and entertaining ideas, visit their site at Apples & Onions.