Spinach Stuffing Balls
This spinach stuffing recipe puts regular meatballs to shame, and proves to us that stuffing is appropriate all year round, not just on Thanksgiving.
- 2 Cups crushed herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- One 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Cup roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 Teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl combine the stuffing mix, spinach, Parmesan cheese, melted butter, eggs, garlic powder, oregano, and ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Shape into walnut-sized balls and place on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through and browned.
Meanwhile, make your red pepper purée. Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until incorporated and smooth. Serve the stuffing balls on a bed of the purée.