Looking for a delicious, vegetarian lasagna for dinner? Then stop looking now. Using no-boil lasagna noodles cuts down on cooking time, and a mixture of nonfat cottage cheese, part-skim mozzarella, and freshly grated Parmesan keeps the calories down while upping the flavor factor.
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed of excess water
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried basil
- 2 Cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 8 Ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 Cup chopped parsley
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 8 Ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Heat the olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the spinach, oregano, and basil. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses with the parsley, salt, pepper, and egg.
Spread half of the spinach mixture in an 8-by-8-inch ovenproof baking dish. Spread half of the cheese mixture on top. Add 1 layer of lasagna noodles. Repeat.
Cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 more minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.