Try adding black beans for more heft and garnishing with chopped fresh cilantro, avacado and a dollop of sour cream.
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- One 10-ounce package frozen sweet corn
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced into thick rounds
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- One 12.5-ounce jar salsa
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- One 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 10 1/2 Ounces boneless chicken thighs
- 2 1/2 Cups chicken broth
- Four 6-inch fresh corn tortillas, cut into strips
Place the potatoes, corn, celery, carrots, onion and garlic in a slow cooker. Stir in the salsa, salt, cumin, chili powder and pepper. Distribute the chicken evenly on top of the vegetables and pour the broth over the chicken. Cover the slow cooker and cook the stew on high for 4 hours.
Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks into bit size chunks; return to the slow cooker. Mix tortilla strips into stew. Serve warm.