Spicy Candy Cocktail Recipe
This riff on a Prickly Pear Margarita ups the ante in the heat deparment with muddled serrano pepper. And for those who don't have or want to use a blender to get that frozen cocktail effect, this recipe cleverly subs in prickly pear sorbet.
- 2 ounces tequila, preferably Camarena Silver
- 3-4 slices serrano pepper
- 3 tablespoons prickly pear sorbet, preferably Ciao Bella
- 2 ½ ounces sparkling lemonade
- Fresh sage leaf, for garnish
Muddle the pepper with the tequila in a shaker. Shake with ice and then strain into a rocks glass. Mix in the sorbet, stirring until it is fully integrated. Top with sparkling lemonade and garnish with a sage leaf.