- 1 spaghetti squash, halved
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped and drained over a colander
- 4 tomatoes on-the-vine, chopped and drained over a colander
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, chopped and drained over a colander
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can tomato paste
- Handful of oregano and basil
- 1 teaspoon sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup sherry
- Dash of Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the squash on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Once cooled, scrape out the flesh with a fork into a bowl and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and simmer. After they cook for about 1 hour and thicken quite a bit, add the tomato paste, herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted red peppers, if using. Simmer for 15 more minutes, and stir in the sherry.
Portion over the squash, top with Parmesan cheese, and enjoy!