- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame (soybeans)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cottonseed or vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
Put the cucumber and onion slices in a bowl and toss with the salt. Allow to stand at room temperature for about 1 hour. Rinse, drain well in a colander, and return to the bowl.
Add the edamame, lemon juice, cottonseed oil, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and cayenne. Toss well to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Serve chilled or at room temperature.