We wanted to share some awesome sauce recipes from Executive Chef, Kyle Bailey of Neighborhood Restaurant Group. Kyle just crafted the menu for the restaurant, The Arsenal, located in Bluejacket, the new full-scale brewery in DC.
For a fun Super Bowl party entertaining idea – this year, instead of chips/nachos offer your football-watching friends a smother station where they can dunk their fries and tots into the various sauces.
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Onion, Minced
- 1/2 Cup Schlenkerla Marzen Beer (or other smoked Octoberfest-style beer)
- 8 Ounces Grated Grafton Cheddar
- Salt and White Pepper
- 1/2 Pound Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Cup Flour
1) Sweat onions and garlic in butter over low heat until translucent. Add flour. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 mins.
2) Add Milk, heavy cream, beer and chicken stock. Stirring well, cook on medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until thick like gravy.
3) Remove from heat. Allow to cool to 110F (slightly above body temp).
4) Fold in grated cheese, mixing well to melt evenly.
5) Serve hot.