Remember childhood sloppy joes… This is so much better and perfect for after school snacks. Set to low before you leave in the morning and the kids will have a great healthy treat after school. This also makes a great dinner over spaghetti squash or your favorite side!
This is a paleo recipe to enjoy!
Note: I like to enjoy over fresh baby spinach. When you scoop the hot sloppy joes over the spinach it begins to wilt and make a perfect snack or meal!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16 oz) package ground pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup Paleo ketchup
- 1/4 Cup agave
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot flour
Set slow cooker to low if setting for 7+ hours or high if setting for 4 hours. In a large sauté pan over mediun-high heat and add olive oil then ground beef and sausage. Sauté until brown. About 10 minutes. Drain then add in slow cooker. Using same pan over medium heat add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil then add in onion, peppers and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes then add into slow cooker. Add in remaining ingredients and stir together. Set and go! Serve and Enjoy.