You'll love this warmed-up, no-fuss version of your favorite Mexican dip.For more recipes like these, visit SparkPeople.
- 1 (15-ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large white or yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon cumin, divided
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1 Teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat (Neufchatel) cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) tub reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Cups salsa, any variety
- 1 Cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar or pepper Jack cheese
Coat the liner of a slow cooker with nonstick spray.
Mix the refried beans with 1/2 cup water, then spread into the bottom of the slow cooker.
Top with the beans, vegetables, garlic and half the spices.
In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream and remaining spices. Spread over the vegetables.
Top with the salsa and sprinkle on the cheese.
Cook on low for up to four hours, until the cheese is melted and the beans are warm.