- 1 1/2 Pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 24-ounce jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon dried basil
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and rinsed
- 3 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a Dutch oven, brown beef, onion and pepper; drain if necessary. Stir in spaghetti sauce, oregano and basil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
In a 10-inch skillet, spread 1/4 cup of the meat sauce. Top with three noodles, cutting to fit as needed. Layer with half of the remaining sauce and half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and Parmesan.
Cover and heat on medium for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and let stand for 10 minutes with cover ajar.