Pesto is so versatile, you'll never run out of ways to enjoy it. Toss spoonfuls of this no-cook sauce with hot pasta or steamed vegetables, use it as a spread on sandwiches and wraps, or serve as a dip with raw vegetables or pita chips. You can easily adapt pesto to your budget by substituting sale-priced nuts, herbs/greens and cheese, or what you've got on hand or in the garden.
- 1/4 Cup nuts, such as walnuts, pine nuts, or sunflower kernels
- 2 Cups packed chopped raw herbs/greens, such as basil, kale, or parsley
- 1/2 Cup grated hard cheese, such as Parmesan or Romano
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon water (optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.