Simple Pasta Salad
This recipe is a simple salad perfect for summer: just red tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, parsley, and a plain vinaigrette of olive oil and vinegar.
- 1/2 Cup olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 1 Tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 Cups cooked penne pasta
- 3 ripe tomatoes, washed and diced
- 5 Ounces mozzarella, diced
- 10 pitted black olives, sliced in half
- 1/2 Cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 Cup parsley, chopped
In a small jar or cruet, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano. In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, basil and parsley. Add the dressing and toss to combine.