Spicy, sweet, and creamy, these tacos with mango salsa are great for a quick dinner or for an outdoor get together when it's warm outside (plus it pairs well with margaritas). While I sliced some avocado on top of these tacos, you can also add a scoop of homemade guacamole to make the dish even more filling (and delicious).
The recipe can also be easily doubled or tripled to feed a group since it's incredibly easy to make and works perfectly for large-format meals.
- ½ ripe mango (use the rest for mango margaritas or something delicious), diced
- ½ scallion, light green and green parts only
- ½ jalapeño, diced
- Juice of ½ lime
- 3 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- 12 peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 or 3 pinches of cayenne
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 4 corn or flour tortillas
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced thinly, for garnish
In a bowl, combine the mango, scallion, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Combine together, re-seasoning as needed. Set aside to let the flavors soak together while you prepare the shrimp.
In a bowl, combine the shrimp with the salt, pepper, cayenne, and olive oil. Toss together. Heat a large pan over high heat, when hot, turn down to medium-high heat and add the shrimp. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until no longer transluscent (but make sure not to over cook or they will become rubbery).
Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in a pan, toaster, or oven until they are hot and soft (not crispy). On serving plates, place 3 shrimp in each tortilla, top with the mango salsa, and a slice or 2 of avocado. Serve immediately and enjoy!