- 4 lemons, skinned, seeded, and diced finely
- 4 limes, skinned, seeded, and diced finely
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup lime juice
- 1 Pound scallop, diced finely
- 1 Pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp, diced finely
- 1/2 Pound jicama, peeled and diced finely
- 1/4 Pound red onion, diced finely
- 1/2 Pound Roma tomato, cored and diced finely
- 1 Ounce jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 Pound mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 Ounce cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce, preferably Cholula
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Pound avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- Tortilla chips, for serving
In a large bowl or container, combine the first 6 ingredients. Gently press the shrimp and scallop down so that they are covered in the juices. Cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 12-24 hours.
Then, place the next 6 ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Drain the excess juice from the shrimp and scallop mixture using a fine-meshed sieve and add the mixture to the bowl. Mix well using a rubber spatula.
Lastly, add the remaining ingredients and mix gently to avoid breaking down the avocado. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.