Science Proves Umami's Existence and More News
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Barry Becher Passes Away: One of the creators of hokey Ginsu knives commercials, Barry Becher, has passed away at 71. [NY Times]
Reviewing 'The Fifth Taste': A book looks at the history and science behind umami, the oft-pondered "fifth taste" that everyone has been chattering about for years. [Art of Eating]
Los Angeles Finally Gets Some Pizza Action: In a roundup of the best pizza in the city, it seems like Los Angeles is ramping up their pie selections, starting some serious Neapolitan wars. [LA Confidential]
Tips for Drinking All Day: And not passing out. For starters? Pace yourself. [Gizmodo]
Restaurant Critic Q&A: Sure, you may want to be a restaurant critic, but it's actually pretty difficult. The restaurant critic for the San Francisco Examiner spills all. [Art of Manliness]
Jessica Chou is an associate editor for The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas