- Store bought or homemade puff pastry or pie dough
- 3 artichoke bottoms, cooked and quartered
- 1 salmon fillet, cut into twelve 2- by 3-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon coarsely milled black pepper
- 1 can smoked oysters
- 12 thin asparagus stalks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 24 green seedless grapes
- 1/3 Cup finely chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 lemons, cut in wedges
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Roll out slightly less than one-half of the dough into a 5- by 13-inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Place the artichokes down the center of the crust.
Sprinkle the salmon with the salt and pepper and place on top of the artichokes. Arrange the oysters, asparagus, grapes, and coarsely pistachios over the salmon.
Roll out the remaining dough into a 5- by 13-inch rectangle and place on top of the ingredients.
Trim the dough into the shape of a fish and pinch the edges to seal. Using the excess dough, add fish details, such as an eye or fin. Using a teaspoon, imprint scale and tail marks on the dough, being careful not to cut through the dough.
Brush with the egg.
Bake the salmon for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges.