We love this recipe because we think it’s an easy way to serve fish to a crowd during one of your summertime gatherings. Throw together the salmon cakes the night before and reheat them quickly in the oven — or even on the grill — just before serving.
- 3 Tablespoons extra, divided
- 1 Pound skinless, wild-caught salmon fillet
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 zucchini, finely grated and squeezed firmly to remove excess water
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 Cups plain breadcrumbs
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon all over with salt and pepper and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 7 to 8 minutes. Once cool, break into small flakes in a bowl, removing any bones. Add the zucchini, mustard, egg, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper and toss gently to combine.
Form the salmon mixture into 16 (3-inch) patties, coating each lightly in breadcrumbs. Heat the remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook 1/2 the patties, flipping once, until deep golden brown and cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes total. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt; repeat the process with the remaining patties. Serve the salmon cakes hot, with lemon wedges on the side.