Salmon and Oyster Tartar Recipe
Chef Marcus Jernmark first served this dish as part of the first annual Salmon Week smörgasbörd menu at his restaurant (part of the menu is pictured). This recipe is quite easy to make and works perfectly as an appetizer for dinner parties.
- 1 pound fresh sushi-grade salmon fillet, skin removed, minced and refrigerated until ready to use
- 3 Connecticut Blue Point oysters, shucked and minced
- Oyster juice to taste
- ½ tablespoon crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon lemon confit
- ½ cup chives, finely chopped
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
Mix all ingredients together and season well. Divide tartar evenly on four plates and, if desired, serve with small toasts and a shaved fennel and apple salad that’s lightly dressed with oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.