Ann Arbor Ruth’s Chris Gives Massive Discount After Football Promotion
A Ruth’s Chris steakhouse in Ann Arbor, Michigan, said that if the Michigan Wolverines beat Rutgers’ football team in their game this week, it would offer a percentage discount equal to however many points the team won by. But then Michigan defeated Rutgers 78-0, and the restaurant staff was pretty surprised.
According to ESPN, manager Buzz Goebel posted the offer on the restaurant’s Facebook page, and he says that luckily at the last minute he amended the ad to cap the offer at a 50-percent discount, otherwise they would have found themselves offering customers 78 percent off for the rest of the week.
The landslide victory was unexpected, but the restaurant says it will honor it and customers will get 50 percent off their food purchases. Alcohol was not included in the offer, though.
Every available reservation was quickly booked as soon as word of the promotion got out on Saturday, and Goebel said there was a line at the door on Sunday when the restaurant opened. Extra staff from another Ruth’s Chris steakhouse in Grand Rapids will be coming over to help handle the extra customers during the promotion.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- These Airline Pilot Secrets Will Make You Less Afraid to Fly
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time