Roasted Spiced Sweet Potatoes and Pears
Warm fall spices and slightly sweet sherry vinegar coat this delicious mixture of cubed sweet potatoes and pears. The flavors of this healthy side dish will complement any holiday roast.
- 2 Pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 Cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 pears, such as Bosc or d'Anjou, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet or large roasting pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with vinegar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Transfer potatoes to baking sheet with a slotted spoon. (Set aside bowl with remaining vinegar spice mixture for use with pears.) Bake about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, place pears in reserved bowl with vinegar spice mixture and toss until evenly coated. Add pears to baking sheet with potatoes and continue to bake until pears are golden and potatoes are fork-tender, about 25 minutes.