*Note: 5 ½ cups cauliflower florets weigh about 1 pound. To make cauliflower florets, cut the head in half through the stem. Working on the cut side, slice out the core on each end. Now begin slicing off the florets, working from the center outward.
- 5 1/2 cauliflower florets*
- 10 green Spanish olives, halved and pitted
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped coarsely
- 15 Ounces (One can) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 3 olive oil
- 1/2 crushed red pepper
- 3 flat-leaf parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with the crushed red pepper. Toss well to coat. Bake in the oven for 22 minutes or until the cauliflower is browned and crisp-tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.