Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter
Salty-sweet browned butter turns this asparagus into a delicious side dish. This is a great item for a holiday menu.
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Pound trimmed asparagus spears
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Dash of grated lemon rind for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet. Coat with spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until tender.
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over asparagus tossing well to coat. Garnish with black pepper and lemond rind.