The Staycation Series: Lunch at The Renaissance Midtown Hotel
This week The Daily Meal was invited to experience a one-night stay at The Renaissance Hotel Midtown. For this staycation experience we take a look at this relatively new property under the Marriot Hotel brand, located in the heart of the Garment District by West 35th & Fashion Ave.
Most notably at check-in Marriott Rewards members are granted access to The Club Lounge, which offers an impressive array of around the clock bites and refreshments. Club Lounge access is a perfect fit complimentary quick morsels anytime of day. Busy travelers should keep this option in mind if you’re short on time and you don’t plan on experiencing the property’s in-room dining at My Belly’s Playlist, or the Rock & Riley’s restaurant. Guests can request access upon check-in, which is available with specified room rates.
In comparison to its sister property in Times Square, The Renaissance Midtown appears less grandiose to scale, but no less impressive in its design. Tailored to business travelers the hotel’s feels surprisingly less corporate than expected. Entering into the marble-floored lobby the space feels bright yet lavish. The property also boasts as New York’s first 'digitally enhanced' hotel offering “ambient intelligence” features as block-length displays respond to guests’ movement with changing patterns and graphics.
Room & Amenities:
The Renaissance Midtown truly embraces the digital experience for guest offering a virtual reality concierge, in collaboration with Time Out magazine. Located on the 34th-floor entrance a large screen comes to life when guests step onto words projected on the floor. Through this “Navigator program” users can select activities and locations by activating various areas of interest with just a point of their finger.
Other Notable Features:
- Glass Shower – In each room rainforest showers are separated from the bedroom by a frosted glass wall, which allows pear through to a spectacular NYC skyline view from your bathroom.
- Planet Fitness - In partnership with the hotel, Planet Fitness gym on the second floor is free for guests to use.
- My Belly’s Playlist – In room dining is offered to guest by the fresh and innovatively mouthwatering My Belly’s Playlist sandwich shop. Snagging a quick lunch before check-out The Daily Meal sampled:
- The Honey BBQ Wings: $10 - Marinated in buttermilk and fried, the wings are also fairly smokey, a major plus for true BBQ fans.
- The “Late Nights” Sandwich: $12 – A melty warm sandwich with ven roast turkey, hickory smoked bacon, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, and “red-hot” ranch on demi-baguette.
Rock n Rileys:
The foodie highlight of Renaissance Midtown is Rock & Riley’s located on the fifth, a floor is a must try! The massive open layout of over 8,ooo square feet provides both indoor and outdoor terrace seating, making for good spot for large parties and group celebrations. Menu items match the gastropub setting with multiple big screens for watching sports and a giant terrace with a retractable all-weather canopy.
You can find additional details about Marriot rewards, and The Renaissance Midtown Hotel here.
Find more of Daniel's trips and eats on Instagram at @danielmileslh.