Bustan: Not Your Garden-Variety Brunch
Located on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, Bustan is an excellent choice for dinner anytime you want to spice things up — and if you’re feeling really adventurous, you’ll want to make it your first meal on a Saturday or Sunday.
Their signature warm, salty bread still arrives in full-loaf form straight out of the oven, only this time, it begs to be dipped into dishes like merguez shakshouka with poached eggs, spicy African tomato sauce, and lamb sausage; foie gras merguez with paprika; or into the garlicky oil that comes with the sizzling shrimp.
It’s also the perfect way to scoop up the white bean masabaha, crushed tomatoes, and green harissa that comes with the charred octopus.
The shakshouka also comes in other forms if lamb isn’t your thing, like chicken liver or creamed spinach. And if you’re craving seafood, go for the crab benedict, made with jumbo lump crab meat, truffle oil, and spinach served over toasted homemade challah bread.
The Nutella pizza is actually a main menu item, so it technically doesn’t count as dessert — go ahead and order a round of warm, sugary donuts served with dipping sauces or their classic halva ice cream sundae for dessert.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them